At Sinalda UK we recognize that in addition to minimising the incidence of work-related injury and illness, a safe and healthy work environment, in general accordance with safety management system standards laid down in BS / OHSAS 18001, enhances the quality of products and services, consistency of production and employee retention and morale. We also recognize that on-going worker / employee input and education is essential to identifying and solving health and safety issues in the workplace.
We regard Occupational Health and Safety as an integral part of the proper management of all the undertakings over which the company has control or influence. We are committed to preventing accidents and protecting the health of everyone involved in our activities. In addition, we ensure that our activities are carried out in accordance with legislation, industry standards and best practice.
We are committed to ensuring:
- Adequate control of the health and safety risks arising from our work activities;
- Consultation with employees on matters affecting their health and safety;
- The provision and maintenance of safe plant and equipment;
- The safe handling and use of substances;
- Provision of information, instruction and supervision for employees;
- That all employees are competent to do their tasks and to give them adequate training;
- Prevention of accidents and cases of work-related ill health;
- Maintenance of safe and healthy working conditions;
- The safety of the general public who use or have access to premises or sites under our control;
- We keep up to date with best practice in relation to health and safety and comply with all relevant legislation and authoritative guidance;
- The continual improvement of our health and safety management system;
- That clear health and safety improvement objectives are set and monitored on a regular basis;
- That this policy is reviewed and revised as necessary on a regular basis.